Hormone & Antibiotic Free Meats: ex: chicken and turkey
Grass-Fed Red Meat: ex: buffalo, steak, venison, lamb
Organic Cage-free (Pasture-Raised is best) Eggs
Cold Processed Whey Protein Powders or Plant Based Protein Powders
Processed Meats, excess of soy products such as tofu
GREAT: Cook protein in bulk to save time (freeze and defrost)
GOOD & EASY:
- Rotisserie chicken (No salt added is preferable)
- Canned tuna/salmon packed in water (BPA free lined can if possible)
- Some Whole Foods Markets will cook your meat and fish for you at no extra charge!
Opt for organic,local, and seasonal as much as possible
- Vegetables smothered in refined oils like vegetable, soybean, or canola oil.
- Tempura vegetables
-Wash, chop, and store vegetables in Tupperware to easily toss on salads, steam, or stir-fry
- Opt for organic when possible esp. if you’re eating the skin ie: zucchini, asparagus, carrots, potatoes
- Preferably low glycemic like berries, apples, plums, grapefruit, pears
- Aim for 0-3 servings per day.
PRIMARILY: yams, potatoes, pumpkin, butternut squash, acorn squash, parsnips, carrots, beets
SOMETIMES: Brown/wild rice, Rolled Oats, Quinoa, amaranth, soaked/sprouted legumes- black beans, kidney beans, lentils, pinto beans, corn tortillas, gluten-free wraps/bread
AVOID: White flour, pastries, pastries, cookies, crackers, cereals, granola bars
Bake sweet potatoes in bulk
Heat oven to 400° F. Pierce each sweet potato several times with the tines of a fork. Place the sweet potatoes on a rimmed baking sheet lined with foil. Bake until tender, about 45 minutes. Make a slit in the top of each sweet potato.
- Quaker oats or gluten-free oats (not boxed stuff that comes in an envelope with added sugar)
- Cook rice in rice cooker in bulk and keep in the fridge for the week.
FATS & OILS
Extra virgin olive oil
Red palm oil
Organic butter from grass-fed cows
Raw nuts (Soaked and Sprouted Preferably)
Natural nut butters
Flax, chia, hemp seeds
fatty fish like salmon
Fried foods, processed foods, vegetable oil, canola oil, grapeseed oil, peanut oil, hydrogenated oils/trans fats/partially hydrogenated oils, soybean oil, corn oil, margarine
- Cook with coconut oil or organic butter from grass-fed cows
- Add ground flaxseeds to smoothies/salads
- Eat the whole egg
- Enjoy grilled salmon
Sweets & Seasonings:
Sweeteners: raw local honey, stevia, maple syrup, dates
Seasonings: Himalyan sea salt, dulse flakes, pepper, turmeric, cumin, basil, rosemary, parsely, cilantro etc.
ANY NATURAL SEASONING/FRESH HERBS &. SPICES ARE NICE!
Salad Dressings: Oil & Vinegar or natural ingredient dressings (ask for dressing on the side when possible)
Mustards and hot sauces are okay